Friday, November 2, 2012

NaNoWriMo. Not 2,000 words, I suck.

The full moon is making her way back down the sky now. That was probably the most fun I have ever had. I say that every time.

Every single note they played was exactly the note I wanted to hear. The lights on stage turned into snow and drizzled over the crowd. The flakes landed on my arms, my shoulders, absorbed into my skin and transformed into stars inside my rib cage, blooming, multiplying. I swear the man strung his bass with strings running clear up to my toes so I jumped right with his fingers and swerved with his wrists. And when I could no longer ignore the stars in my throat they swam up to my skull. I waved my fingers in front of my face, rays of glory. My eyes glowed.

I felt guilty - for a second - for stealing from the sky; when I looked up the stars knew and flooded out, flew back. The notes stayed in my chest, though. They are never leaving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment