Wednesday, November 14, 2012

breathe fire (cont'd)

In order to fall in love:
first, you must make a lot of it.
they say you can drown in just an inch of standing water...
so I say, to be safe, we make an ocean.

In order to fall in love:
first, you must make a lot of it.
Then, pour it over the edge of a mountain, or a cliff
so when you fall you have no choice
but to swim in it.

See that window over there?
She hasn't closed it in years -
sending all her prayers
out into the open air
hoping one day her man would appear.

See this window, right here, in my room?
I shattered the sonuvabitch the moment I met you
flew toward the sun i would run if i had to
i swear your fingers made me bloom

 breathe your fire all the way down my spine
it drips like warm honey when you give me your sugar.
and you're a waterfall, frozen inside my mind.
you can go on running
but i'm keeping you
you're mine

No comments:

Post a Comment