Thursday, December 20, 2012

sentence fragments from the walk home.

I find myself wishing that prairie dogs were hedgehogs
though I really just wish they were unicorns because
think how well they'd match the snow.
I pissed in the spillway because it was already empty and
i figured we all need some help sometimes.
once my body felt less like an imminent steaming yellow explosion
you can bet your ass i walked faster.
a boy said hi and I asked "what's your favorite color?"
he said the snow
then handed me a blue balloon.
the more steps i take, the quieter the cars get
the creek roars instead. the closer the
air gets to freezing, the cleaner my lungs are.
Sun can make you drunk.
Shame on you, moon, standing out, half naked
no cloud curtains to hide behind.
trees are just old ladies, been listening so hard
for so long, they don't see why we speak.
so they nod over their glasses, knots for freckles.
sometimes more a shake.
I feel like a child most of the time surrounded
by jesters hopping about like adults.
hoping one morning for my eyes to spring open.
i'll drink twice as much light when i'm grown.
it's a frustrating pattern
being addicted to sociopaths, batting your eyes at them
then scolding the butterflies.
I mentioned water and ten minutes down the road now it is solid.
you can even see where the ripples muttered their last words.
after the sun was down the clouds turned manta rays
grazed over the mountains looking
for a place to sit. the moon is taller now.
posing, skin showing
leaning against nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment