Saturday, October 20, 2012

Not Car-muhl Cupcakes.

I don't know why I have only dedicated this blog to writing. I do plenty of shit all the time that Facebook does not care about - time to start logging all of it here. This includes: cooking and new recipe attempts, baking, sewing and costume ideas.  I was going to start another blog called "Secondhand Swagger" but have decided to just add that onto this one; more information to come.   So here's what I did Thursday night.

You see, I am addicted to Pinterest.  I work in a call center. This means when I'm not being yelled at, I am senselessly wasting my time on the Internetz.  One of my boards is called "Food I want to make and never ever eat."  This is a lie. Because that particular board is filled with cupcake, brownie, cake, candy, cookie, and other shit-food recipes that OBVIOUSLY I want to eat by the bucket. But I'm trying to be a good little body-builder. So these recipes are for making for other people; this time, it happened to be my new roommate's birthday. Which means these cupcakes are in the house - the danger zone - until these morsels are gone.

From scratch:  Cinnamon apple cupcakes with caramel frosting.



 As you can tell, many have been eaten. That means they don't totally suck. And they're super simple to make.

This recipe is for twelve cupcakes.

1 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla
2 apples, peeled and shredded
1 1/2 cups caramel candies (about 25)
2 tablespoons heavy cream

Oven at 350. 
Shred the apples, set aside. 
Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, set aside.  
Whisk eggs and both sugars together, then add oil and vanilla.  
Slowly add in the flour mixture until combined.  
Add shredded apples.  

Fill 12 cupcake liners about 3/4 full, then bake till they are cupcakey. If you don't know what this means, then you deserve some trial and error.  Possibly some kitchen fires, of which I've start plenty. Anyway, mine baked like 25 minutes. I'm also at high altitude so if you're a low-lander do something different maybe. 

Slowly melt caramels in microwave (use 50%-75% power, one minute at a time), and then add cream. Stir.

Frost cupcakes, enjoy subsequent mess. 

Also, it is pronounced care-uh-melle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment