Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm attempting to read the Bible. For fun.

I'm only on page four and I'm already pissed off. How do people read this and think it's good, true, holy, or of any value whatsoever?

God didn't even tell Eve not to eat from the tree. He told Adam, then he made Eve.   For continuity's sake, God should have been more communicative (I wouldn't mind if he'd be more garrulous even now, but that's a whole different blog). Or maybe he shouldn't have lied about what happens when you eat from the Tree of Knowledge. Instead of "you'll die if you eat the damn apple," he could have said "if you eat the apple, I'ma make you push fat babies through your junk, then I'm gunna institute a glass ceiling and a cultural abhorrence for women so that you'll all be fucked for thousands of years."   I think Eve would have listened to that. Plus the book would be a shit-ton less boring to read.

On to page 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment