Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The fear is

that our world, at the grips of two people,
separates us indefinitely and in
more ways than one.

that the language we use
drew us and
in fact, wasn't fact.
We're sharing signifiers
but we tug on endless strings of
signifieds.

that I always do this
(what day is it?).
that I'll always pace
(while counting down)
that I'll always glue myself
and, neckless, feel around.

That there's always
too much more to learn;
and that two people will
strive and claim and excavate
everything. it's simply.
irrefutably.
impossible.

And that line--
that doesn't exist--
it grows longer with every blink.
every beat     beat     beat.

The fear is

 that first sight
is the biggest lie anyone ever told.
And that we believe it because things are
too good to be true.

     that
myself. my  self. this. right here.
I'm either too much or too little.
    that not only is this
body across our world,
but also, possibly,
wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment