Friday, January 4, 2013

proof

I inhaled slowly and as my chest filled with new mountain air, a fluttering started in the center of my torso that ended ended at my hips, and in the other direction my ears. I exhaled and opened my eyes; the light welcomed itself back into my body, soaring to the back of my neck then straight down my spine.

Directly across from me I hoped the green irises were floating, begging for another sip. He took a small breath, one meant for spilling quiet roaring thoughts, the hot kind that have been cooking for a few weeks, said,
     "I want to tell you something, but I don't know if this is the time..." his eyes moved to my lips, pupils widened and waited for a response.
     "Well, if you want to keep it in there, that is okay, too. Though I cannot promise that I won't try and guess it on my own." 
"You think you can guess what I am thinking?"
"Not necessarily... I think I can try. But that's more likely a projection of my own thoughts."
"So then, you feel the same."
      My parents raised me to believe that interrupting is rude. So let me make a very important exception: it is often appropriate interrupt a smile with a kiss. 
That night I realized that our brains are selfish and playing us for shivers, and that the fairies darting inside our heads, playing with toy chemistry sets are doing a damned good job. 

Sometimes living is as easy as breathing in, and breathing out. This is how I am sure that love is oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment