Friday, October 11, 2013

Today I took out $40 during my transaction at the self-checkout lane at King Soopers; this cash was to represent the last spendable funds I am allowed before my next paycheck. Apparently I blatantly ignored the robo-bitch when she said "Don't forget to take your cash from the cash dispenser,"  then went over to sit at a table in the lounge area and read a book. When I left, I went to my car, checked the cash-ID-card section of my fanny pack and realized I was missing those two sparkling twenty dollar bills.

Somewhat panicked, I power-walked back inside, went to my checkout station; nothing there, of course. The woman at the station across from me seemed to have caught my vibe and asked if I needed anything, then I found a friendly man in a blue shirt and German accent. He immediately said "That was you then, eh? The $40?"  I was so immediately relieved; he let me know how luck I was and I told him how thankful I was, took my money, and went back to work.

Thanks, Universe, for not punishing me for a blatant act of stupidity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment