Friday, August 9, 2013

You got one country song out of me, Nashville.

Tennessee tree-lined highway drivin,
tokin out of apples and splittin them bite by bite.
Spring spilled on me, bloomed through me;
catch him sippin on the apple juice in my eyes.
Wonder if I will float if I sit still
 sink down slow, hands and lips tied.
Butterfly kisses. Color change irises:
a chameleon reads my mind.

And if I'm gone tomorrow
please stay.
You've got a road to follow
I've got a storm to chase.

Can you see my feline eyes fryin?
peekin through the trees cuz the bees been buzzin in time
lost count of the days after i left
fingerless, catchin - no - still stealin my breath
skimmin through the pages in my mind
with blue grey green color change eyes
how'd i find a life that could read my mind,
and a mind that could change my life.

And if I'm gone tomorrow,
stay.
You have a road to pave.
I have a storm to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment