Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And something else, California.

I know that the first few times we met,
there were substances involved.
And i sat on a hotel bed and you
inched your elbows onto my knees,
my phone in someone else's drunk hands
getting all the names changed.
I didn't have your number then.
I wore blue and you wore red.

and the drops of music you sent me
they were dripping with beer and serotonin
smoked in glass and stained with
ash and paired with a fear of falling--
I listened and for a month the
chemicals that come natural to human ears
warmed my body at every drop.

I cant remember if we fucked or
made love but i do remember
the smell of your skin and that
for a few days i swam in it,
smiling.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. You should write me something new! I keep checking to see if you have, but no luck... :)

    ReplyDelete