Sunday, December 26, 2010

the California suit

Yes, you can wear it too. It's the same suit
and the same secret. I'm the same secret.
It's the shirt you put on that smells like me
but only other Suits would recognize. It's the
smile you put on that
remembers me but doesn't ever speak.
It's the secret I keep: you're all dressed alike,

---

On the grand timescale, you haven't
even managed to interrupt one grain in the
cosmic sands.
and on our little dustmote
dustboat
must-dote
you planted a grenade and
grinned at the results.

I keep searching for the physical evidence.
The bruises that survive the dream--
that survive your beating eyes
proof that all these worlds, coexisting,
can know each other.

And every time I turn my neck i feel the
stain that tells me where your lips go
to drink. But I can only feel it.

Tell me you're real, and
make sure I can't see the evidence.
Tell me you're real, because
God do I love it when I can't tell the
difference.
Fuck me and tuck me in with all your realness
and then, you sly thing,
leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment