Monday, February 8, 2010

Bra shopping.

The following is an encounter with a nearly unbearably sweet little Asian woman at Ross today. Yes, this really did happen. Her English, however, was a little more broken than what I've recorded here.


Her: Excuse me, can I ask you a question?
Me: ... Sure.
Do you go to church?
...No.
Do you believe in God?
No...
So you're not Christian?
No....
Then what religion do you practice?
I don't have one, I'm an atheist.
Ahh, how old are you?
Nineteen.
So you're in high school?
No, I'm in college.
Well, I'm Christian and my church has a Bible Study group every week. I want to invite you to come sometime. We discuss the Bible and have a lot of fun.
Uhhhh... I don't think so.
Do you read the Bible?
I mean, I think it's fascinating, but bible study isn't really my thing....
It's a lot of fun, you should come. Just one time?
No, thanks, sorry.



There are a lot of things wrong with this; I won't even address them. Let us just bask in the idea that somebody cared enough to try Save me today. Savor it. It feels good.

But it feels better to be a heathen.

No comments:

Post a Comment